Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Old Movies

A few weeks ago I was watching the 7th season of Gilmore Girls with my sister-in-law when Laurelei and Christopher were watching Funny Face. So on my weekly trip to the library I happened to see Funny Face on the shelf and decided to give it a try. I am not a huge Audrey Hepburn fan. I may be the only person that doesn't really like Breakfast at Tiffany's. To my surprise I liked this movie. I didn't love it but I enjoyed watching it. If you have ever seen Gilmore Girls you know that it is overflowing with references to movies and music in a way that I could never catch up with but I decided that there may be a lot out there I am missing. Next on my list was Funny Girl. Again, not a Streisand fan but I loved this movie. Maybe I am now. Here are some recommendations.

The Philedelphia Story, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, Bringing up Baby, That Touch of Mink, The Glass Bottom Boat, Funny Girl, Funny Face, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, His Girl Friday and An Affair to Remember.
Obviously I like Cary Grant.

Any Suggestions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rear Window, Charade, and Pillow Talk.