Saturday, May 03, 2008

Two Books and a Movie

http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gifFirst Book: The Power of Play. This book was a great reminder of what my kids really need to be doing. It made me realize that what I really need to do is think back to the things that made me happy when I was a kid and not try to elaborate too much. Since reading the book I have noticed that my two kids are actually much happier riding their bikes or playing in dirt than they are trying to figure out whatever electronic toy I bought them to help them learn the alphabet.

Second Book: Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography. This was a small step up from People magazine but just as addicting. I think that the author had an obvious agenda but the stuff about Scientology, if even 75% true, is pretty scary. Since I have spent most of my younger years with a huge crush on Maverick, I was relieved to have some certain rumors quenched. But, the whole Scientology thing is putting a damper on the volleyball scene I have always appreciated.

Movie: Juno. We loved it! Usually when I have high expectations for a movie I am disappointed. This was not one of those situations. We really, really enjoyed it. I might have to watch it again before it goes back into Blockbuster's greedy little hands.

No comments: