Sunday, June 15, 2008

Richard Steven Millhouse Legg




He goes by Steve and we throw in the Millhouse when we want him to feel more prestigious. This is exactly how he should feel this Father's Day. My dad is known for his line of poems "Ode to...." so I thought I would write one for him today.

Ode to Steve.

What do you get for a man that's no fool?
He has three sheds and owns almost every tool.

He's spent much time out in the forest.
And when he is down all he needs is Chuck Norris.

But that's why he has a dvr and the Dish.
Recording Dallas and Walker fulfills every wish.

Oh, the stories he can tell but most I can't repeat.
If you ever get a chance then you're in for quite a treat.

We can not talk about the upcoming vote.
But I can explain to him the meaning of "air quotes".

If I were there I would toast an O'Douls with him.
But the chances he's still be sober are very slim.

It's impossible to explain what my dad means to me.
There are too many stories to write here, you see.

Some are funny to all. Some are funny to us.
He wants his hair buzz cut so that it's no fuss.

Just thought I would throw that in.
Cause that's what he'd do in that situa-shin.

So to my own, on a day that's for dads
For the last 31 years you've been pretty rad.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

That poem is pretty Rad! Did you really make that up, I am impressed! Hope all is well in The Wilkinson household!

Priscilla said...

awesome! gotta love the poem! and while your poem was radical, your dad is totally off the charts! ;)