Saturday, January 06, 2007

Television

I thought that by not having satellite or cable we would cut back on TV. I was wrong. We have been Netflixing everything. Now I am even more addicted because I can just watch one after the other. We do get the main networks with an antenna and that is also providing much joy in television watching and if you miss that, you can watch it online. I think that there are more shows on right now that I like than ever before. Maybe I just need to get out more, I don't know but here's my list not in any specific order...

Grey's Anatomy - Me and the rest of the country, ridiculous

Studio 60 - I really like Matthew Perry and at first I was offended by the Christian slamming but I actually have found it to be interesting and challenging to know what others think of us. The Christmas show was really good and you should check it out online if only for the version of O Holy Night.

30 Rock - It's wierd to have two shows on the same channel about the backstage of an SNL type show but this is a really funny show. I have decided that Alec Baldwin is officially one of the funniest people right now.

Arrested Development - Only in reruns and DVD. We aren't through the first season yet but have loved this. It deserved all the awards. Very funny.

The Office - Both versions are funny but I really like Steve Carrell and so I go with that one.

Friday Night Lights - I don't know if it is because I live in West Texas or what but this is my new favorite. It's a really good show that has funny and serious. Just when I think that it is over the top I think back to my own memories of High School and it's not that far off from the characters. In fact, some of them are very similar. It's not all about football. Which is why it is possible for me to like this show even more than Kevin.

Gilmore Girls - Okay, this 7th season is not that great but I am faithful. The first 6 seasons though are really, really good.

Scrubs - You can watch this as much as you want on sindication (along with some other favorites -Friends, Raymond) but the new episodes are good. We watch this one randomly but I never realized how funny this show is. I know Priscilla is watching this right now.

These are what I like the most at this moment in time and I realize that many will say "Where is Lost? 24? The Housewives?Heroes?" Well, I have too much on my plate right now and thanks to TV on DVD I can feel safe knowing that one day I will be able to watch these if I choose.

ADD IN : I wasn't going to put this on here but I might as well admit that I am dabbling in Days of Our Lives again so now it's out there.

5 comments:

Priscilla said...

Well...I actually have made it through all of Scrubs so far because we rented all the episodes and watched them. Now I have to wait until May for the next season to be released on dvd...being that we no longer own a television.

Priscilla said...

PS - I did rent Gilmore Girls and tried to get into it, but it really hasn't stuck with me yet. I wish I could find another show that I think is funny while I wait for Scrubs to be released on dvd.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Pris- I think you are too in-the-middle age wise to like Gilmore girls. Or crazy. You should try Arrested development while on the Scrubs Hiatus. I am thinking Jeb would really like it.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Leah, we need to chat some time. If it makes you feel any better, I also don't hate The Donald.

RoniZee said...

1. Grey's Anatomy - definitely. This is the only "soap opera" type of show that I am addicted to presently.

2. Arrested Development - Totally one of the funniest/quirkiest shows around. The problem is that I could never discuss it with anyone because I swear I was the only one watching.

3. The Office - So brilliant how they balance Michael's annoying/hateful traits with his vulnerability so that one minute you think you can't possibly hate him more and the next minute you feel completely sorry for him.

4. Gil Gals - Not so much into this anymore, but roommate watches it so I do also. I want Lorelei to end up with Luke. No diggity.

5. Scrubs - Sometimes I feel like this show is kind of like Arrested Development in that I am the only one watching. The genius of scrubs is the structure of each show. They go from straight slapstick to a warm-fuzzy-life-lesson wrap up, all in one episode.

6. So has anything new happened on Days?