Thursday, January 25, 2007

To be alone...

There are certain things that I like to do alone. For example - I like to be in the bathroom alone regardless of what I am doing even just brushing my teeth. It's rare for that to happen but when it does it usually only means I am alone in the room. There is most likely a little one waiting outside. It's either Owen crying and scratching on the door or Lucy asking what I am doing in there.
Another thing I like to do alone now is shop. I like to either just go do what I have to and get it over with (which is possible without others) or look at my own leisure (like reading the label on every type of hair or face product). I like to go on a shopping trip that doesn't include bribery or a trip to the play area at the mall.
Even though it's not totally alone time, I like to talk on the phone when I am the only one in the room. I like having conversations with people and not interrupting them to say "Yes, Lucy, I'll have another glass of rubber ball" or "Owen, don't touch your poo poo."
I know it seems selfish and very unlikely that these things will be done alone for a few years now, but it is nice to dream.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

I like to do things alone too. I really like just about any moment that I find myself alone...whether it's driving in the car, in the bathroom, grocery shopping, going for a walk, etc. Heck, I wouldn't mind shoveling cow poop if I could be guaranteed that I would be by myself. :)

lisajo said...

So you like to blog alone, too?? As a wife of a cop who works nights on MY weekend :( I can say that being alone is often overrated. However, this is coming from someone who doesn't have to say things like "Owen don't touch your poo." I guess my time will come and I will be grateful that I have been blogging long enough for my left foot to fall completely and painfully asleep.

RoniZee said...

I don't even have any kids and I want to be alone whenever I can. Of course, I have a roommate who is almost never out of the house, so that could be it. I especially like shopping alone. I also want to take as much time as I want to read labels and such.