Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sweet Tea

Almost every restaraunt in this town serves sweet tea, even Taco Bell. Kevin and I have given up sodas for this year which we thought would be impossible and I am sure many others thought it was impossible for us. But we are almost 4 months clean. Kevin made it through a whole semester without a DR. Pepper. I am so proud. BUT....we did this for health reasons and that has become fruitless since we have replaced it with Sonic's sweet tea and, for Kevin, Cherry Limeades. When I was on the sauce I used to think that Sonic's tea could knock me out with the sugar. Now it is flowing through my veins like the blood once did. I like unsweet tea just fine so why am I so obsessed with the sweet stuff? If I cut out all sweet drinks I don't think I can make it through the day. Sweet tea was the back up for the soda. If I was craving soda then I could satisfy that with sweet tea or peach tea. Now I am at the same point with tea as I was with soda. What am I going to do? This is nonsense on many levels.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonic is to the south like Starbucks is to the North West.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

That is very insightful. I wish I would have thought of that.

Anonymous said...

Hey, do you think Diet Soda is any better for you? I have a bad feeling I'm living a lie.

Priscilla said...

Remember when you used to go to that ghetto white trash place in MC and get a half gallon of pop for like .59 cents. Those were the days.

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Leah. diet soda is bad for you. very bad. I can be this judgemental because starting today I am only having a sweet drink one day a week. We are back on the Abs Diet.
Pris. I miss the .59 44oz soda at Hillcrest. It's not the same now. It's hard to find that kind of a deal. You always get stuff by the half gallon - soda and ice cream...you know what I'm talking about.

RoniZee said...

Oh man, Hillcrest. Those were the days. Didn't we used to make some kind of combo called "The Nectar of the Gods"?

Portland has it's very own Sonic now. Well, Hillsboro anyway. It's too far to make it a habit, luckily.

Wendy said...

I am waiting for a "Things Jenny Likes" post about garage sales...