Tuesday, April 17, 2007

PCD

There are people that shovel 8 straight hours a day. There are people that work 48 straight hours or more saving lives as doctors and nurses. There are people that deal with horribly behaved teenagers all day in classrooms for too small of a paycheck. There are people that risk their lives to put out fires and to save others. But apparently being a Pussycat Doll is what defines "hard work". I mean, I never realized how much "hard work" it took to look, dance and sing like a PCD.



We record Gilmore Girls every Tuesday and this was on right after. What a treat. I think this might beat out America's Next Top Model and Flava of Love. If I think about the show for very long I will get too sad for them. So I will enjoy it and not give it another deep thought until after I watch the season finale next week.

7 comments:

RoniZee said...

But can there possibly be anyone on the Pussycat Dolls show that is as FABULOUSLY annoying as Tyra?

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I really like it how Tyra can make Zoolander seem almost like a documentary. She basically has a Blue Steel and La Tigre thing going.

Kara said...

just found your blog!
it's sad that these girls don't have ONE person in their lives convincing them that being the next PCD is NOT a cool thing. maybe the worst decision of their lives!

Anonymous said...

Like I need another reality TV show to addicted to - thanks Jenny!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

I know Kara. That is why I can't think about it too long because it is so sad. We have had a few kids when we worked with youth groups that were like this. I wanted to say ' really? ' to them constantly. The only thing that makes me feel justified to laugh at this show is that they are surrounded every day by things that should give them perspective and they are choosing to put their entire focus on wearing slutty clothes and "counting it out". 5,6,7,8!

Jenny Wilkinson said...

Hey, Leah, if it makes you feel any better I think the season ends next week.

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter, i'll find another one to latch onto - Meerkat Manor is my new fav... I know, I'm pathetic...