Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The songs of my youth

Everyone knows how great it is to hear a song on the radio and have memories rushing back that you that you can almost feel. Yesterday I heard Disarm by Smashing Pumpkins and I saw rooms filled with friends from almost 15 years ago. I could picture and feel almost everything. It was crazy since I probably couldn't have hummed it 1 minute before. Of course I could go on for hours about every song I've ever known and the memory with it but how exciting would that be? Maybe later.

3 comments:

RoniZee said...

Up here in the Land of Port, 94.7 plays "The 90s at Noon" and I LOVE IT. It is all about my high school experience. That's right, they play all those songs just for me. It's sweet, really.

Anonymous said...

Bryan and I heard this comedian the other night say, "If you grew up in the 80's and you hear the word "Stop," you either follow it with, "It's Hammer Time!" or "Colaborate and listen" in your head." So true!!!!

Priscilla said...

yep, there's nothing quite like rocking out to amy grant!