Friday, July 13, 2007

Felicity

Well, it was bound to happen I suppose. We don't have cable and so I watch a lot of tv on dvd. A friend brought over the first two seasons of Felicity and I was moderately excited. Even though I could not stand this show when it was actually on tv, I have contemplated watching it this past year. The only reason I even considered it is because it is the summer and I needed a fluff show to watch during a nap time here and there or when Kevin worked late. If Felicity and I could have only kept that relationship going it would have been fine. I was Ben and she was, well, Felicity. I wanted something fun and no pressure. She wanted every hour of my day. I am addicted. It took a while to know if I liked it because it made me feel older and like I was too mature to watch it. Then, out of nowhere, Bam! I felt like I was back in college again with all the drama and more. I use every excuse to be able to get to the next episode. I'll bring all the toys in the living room or I'll find some "chores" that have to be done while sitting on the couch. It's like when I have cookies in the house. Instead of just rationing myself to one a day I go with the theory that I need to just get them out of here as soon as possible. I think this is just a general problem with watching shows on dvd. You can get instant gratification of knowing what will happen next by just pushing the button. Maybe I should just get cable.

3 comments:

Priscilla said...

This is why I can't read books very often. When I do, I can't put them down until the very last page.

Anonymous said...

Some of the cable networks will run a whole season of a show in one day. Trust me, you are better off just staying with the DVD's.

RoniZee said...

bryan and leah (I'm assuming just Leah) are/is right. A marathon is much more detrimental to your health because you can't plan around it. You can't hit pause or stop! Have you ever watched Laguna Beach or The Hills? It's TERRIBLE tv, totally scripted, and totally addictive! Those are popular marathon shows. Don't get sucked in!