Sunday, August 24, 2008

LPM

This weekend I attended Beth Moore Live in San Antonio. It was a very refreshing time to spend with 10,000 other women. The praise was amazing. I love live music of almost any type but when "that" note is hit during a song to God it almost takes your breath away. I wish there was video of that to post but after much searching I have nothing. Right now my spiritual struggle is with my emotions so this was a great weekend for me at least chip away at some things. Beth Moore is in a lot of ways on dangerous ground because she has a following in the Christian women community. It's really easy for us to put people on pedestals and end up worshiping the person that's teaching us about worship. Obviously I don't know her personally but after doing several of her studies and reading her blog I really think that she is grounded. Her personality is not as grounded and she's a tad on the crazy side which under most circumstances would really turn me off but her insight to the Bible is amazing and her relationship with her daughters is really inspiring. She's not for everyone but I think the good outweighs the quirky.

1 comment:

AbbieCRAZY said...

Your DH gave me your blog address. I loved being at LPL, too. I'm wondering what was "that" note... Was it super high, low, or something else? And wasn't that woman's voice INCREDIBLE?

I agree on Beth - I gave my BF a hard time about being a "groupie" but I should did love seeing her live again. She blessed me so much this weekend....

I'm looking forward to meeting you one day.... Your hubby cracks me up.