Saturday, August 02, 2008

Social Experiments

PA AND MA'S YARD SALE



Well, this weekend was our biannual yard sale. It was a doozy. Not only was it over 100 degrees, we also had a great thunderstorm that ended in us wringing out our clothes. This is my second yard sale in a row that I 'cleaned up' by frantically throwing stuff on a porch. One of my friends (not naming names here) has been known to put some pretty interesting things in our sales. I mean, I'll probably never buy a pair of thong underwear from a yard sale. Somehow she sells it. She has sold more underwear and used bathroom products than I've ever thought possible. So when I saw that this time she was selling ovulation predictors I decided to throw in a box of cheap tampons to see if they'd sell. They sold! I sold a cheap box of tampons for $1 but couldn't sell my old recliner for $5. Something is either very wrong or oh-so-right. You be the judge.

On another note.....I love bargaining as much as the next person...BUT when someone comes up to me and says 'how 'bout I give you $1 for all of these cd's instead of $2 each because I don't even know if my husband wants them' I about lose it. If you don't know if he'll like them then don't buy them but it's not our fault that you don't know if something will look good on you, or if you don't know if your daughter is having a boy or a girl. When a onsie costs $.25 just take the risk. It's a yard sale for pete's sake.

Hopefully everyone knows that this photo is not from my yard sale even though it's felt like that sometimes.

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Ha ha sounds like a trip. I like your photo you posted on there though. So you did not have much luck. That is what happened to us we had one a few months back we made a total of $11 it is not worth all the trouble to set-up for that much money. Hope you all are doing well.

Jaime Goff said...

People are weird. BTW, I like the new background.

Priscilla said...

just so you know, that's jeb at a garage sale. he always tries to buy something for like 10% of what someone is asking for it. The amazing thing, he usually gets it for a steal. As for personal products, the last garage sale he was at, the guy was trying so hard to get jeb to buy a dvd and then he would throw in some used deodarant for free. and you know, that's what he wanted was free used deodarant...so he was hapy!

Jebodiah Bristow-Hanna said...

do you have another box of cheap tampons? I need something classy for priscilla's stocking this Christmas.