Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Jesus Camp

This has been a blog in the making over the past couple of weeks. It has taken me that long to even begin figuring out my "upsession" with this movie. I am upset because of so many reasons and for all those reasons, I am obsessed. I would love to hear what anyone has to say about this movie. It is a documentary of a pentecostal church camp for kids. It's not about that as much as it is about the war going on between the religious right and the rest of the world.
I am so proud to be a Christian but so embarrassed to be grouped in the category of evangelicals right now. There is a really fine line between being sold out and being sinful. Or is there? Maybe I'll update this entry when I have some things figured out and watch the movie again. Check out Mike Cope's blog for a related topic of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Here's the trailer.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hi stranger!

I watched this a few months ago and was horrified! I think I also used the word "embarrassed" after seeing it.